I bet you didn’t expect that did you? Well, the other day my daughter and I made some play dough, it’s great stuff isn’t it?
It certainly has kept my daughter quiet and entertained and I enjoy playing with it too. It’s so tactile and it immediately takes me back to my childhood.
Here’s the recipe for all you who want to give it a go yourselves, it’s very simple and much cheaper than the shop bought stuff! This makes a nice batch of play dough, enough to split between 2 or 3 children or adults!
- 1 cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water with food coloring added
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional but it makes the playdough smell nice!)
Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan, and stir over a medium heat until the dough forms into a ball. This only takes a few minutes. Allow to cool, and then knead until smooth, this doesn’t take long either and is just like playing with the dough anyway!
Store in an airtight container and it’ll last for ages!