I bet you didn’t expect that did you? Well, the other day my daughter and I made some play dough, it’s great stuff isn’t it?
It certainly has kept my daughter quiet and entertained and I enjoy playing with it too. It’s so tactile and it immediately takes me back to my childhood.
Here’s the recipe for all you who want to give it a go yourselves, it’s very simple and much cheaper than the shop bought stuff!
- 1 cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water with food coloring added
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional but it makes the playdough smell nice!)
Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan, and stir over a medium heat until the dough forms into a ball. This only takes a few minutes. Allow to cool, and then knead until smooth, this doesn’t take long either and is just like playing with the dough anyway!
This makes a nice batch of play dough, enough to split between 2 or 3 children or adults!