Today I’m going to bring you a savoury treat that you can knock up in a matter of minutes! The recipe below is for two but you can easily double it or triple it
- 2 Naan Breads.
- 2-3 large tomatoes (I love tomatoes on the vine for their depth of flavour)
- 2 medium/large balls of Mozzarella cheese.
- Fresh basil or thyme or oregano
- Salt and pepper.
- Optional: Ham, pineapple, chicken, peppers, mushrooms or any other of your favourite pizza toppings.
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 6/200c/400f
- Take your Naan breads and place on a baking tray.
- Slice your tomatoes and cover your naan breads with a layer of tomato slices. It doesn’t matter how thick or thin your tomato slices are, go with that you’d prefer but please note the tomato juice will seep into the naan bread so if you have really thick slices lots of the juice will end up in your bread base!
- Now slice your mozzarella and put this over the top of your tomatoes. You want to cover the tomatoes below but it doesn’t have to be a precise job. Add your ripped basil, thyme or oregano leaves. You can use dried herbs too, just only use a small pinch.
- Now you can add any other toppings you’d like. I love Ham and pineapple myself but go for whatever you fancy! Clear out your fridge, use up the left over chicken or beef from your sunday roast or those left over roasted vegetables. I can vouch that the plain cheese and tomato variety is scrummy as it is though so don’t worry if you’ve not got any other toppings.
- Add on a little salt and pepper once you’ve created your personalised pizzas and pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is all bubbly and melty. Remove, plate up and eat whilst yummy and hot.
I told you it was easy!