It’s Friday and it’s time to share with friends. I love this time of week and I love hanging out with my pal, Miss Victoria Blisse. Thanks for having me!
I wasn’t sure what to write about when I agreed to be a Friday friend. I mean, there’s a lot of pressure here. I thought about what I wanted to say and something I’ve been doing over on my blog caught my attention. It’s still trying to get some traction, but I’ve titled the series “What I Learned at ________” It’s about some of the pitfalls and positives of where I’ve been. So today I’ll share What I Learned at the Lori Foster Reader and Author Get Together. Here are some of those things.
2. Say “Hi” to everyone. You never know where that next reader will be and plus, like it’s mentioned in #1, being nice is well…nice.
3. Sign up to do a meet-n-greet. That little talk you have to do just might open you up to a whole new world of readers. It’s worth it, even if you’re embarrassed. Let them know you’re scared. Honesty is a good thing.
4. Handcuffs make a striking costume accessory and are a come-on. Hey, I used handcuffs for my private investigator and one of the models informed me he knew how to use them. I didn’t take him up on the offer, but it’s a fun story.
5. When things get boring, find a way to make your own kind of fun. So someone made a disparaging remark about your costume…turn it into a teachable moment and write them into your next book, but do something not nice. Have fun with it!
6. Never, ever talk about someone if it’s nothing nice. Why? That is the precise moment he/she will show up and you look like a fool. Take it from one who has put her foot in her mouth more times than she can count.
7. Never talk smack about someone. You never know when the person you’re putting down is RIGHT there listening. No details, but it can get really embarrassing.
8. Crack jokes at your own expense. One man/woman’s dirty smut is another man/woman’s dirty slut. I was in the process of talking about what I write in front of a group of readers and peers when the moderator had a slip of the tongue. She called my work dirty slut, not dirty smut as I’d referred to it. The whole incident was fun and we all laughed.
So that’s what I learned. This particular meeting of authors and readers isn’t huge, but it’s fun. Very informal and comfortable. And maybe, you can learn from my mistakes and goof-ups. Grin.
Thanks Victoria for having me here. Love ya!
Category: Fiction, Erotica/Erotic Romance (multiple partners, ménage, anal sex, mm, lbgt) ISBN: 9781622371273
Ebook Price: $0.99 Turquoise Morning Press: http://www.turquoisemorningpress.com/2013/03/best-i-ever-had-new-dirty-bits-story.html Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BS3YIQU/ BN: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/best-i-ever-had-wendi-zwaduk/1114843998?ean=2940044372542 The objective—keep her safe. No one said anything about falling in love.
All she wanted was a pint of ice cream, not to be a witness to a double murder. Good thing Emma’s got not one, but two, sexy men willing to keep her safe. As long as she can keep her hands to herself. Sam’s mission? To find the man responsible for the murder. He’s not going to rest until the streets are safe, even if it means having his best friend guard his best girl. It’s the best option, right?
Quint never dreamed he’d be attracted to his best friend’s lover…and his best friend. He’s got to keep his hands to himself all while figuring out what he wants from life, even if love equals Emma and Sam in Quint’s bed.
Is love in the cards or are they going to go up in flames before they get started?
I’ve always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I love playing with words and letting the characters run wild. NASCAR, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, animals and second chance romance all feature prominently in my books. I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. I’m published with Total-E-Bound, Resplendence Publishing, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, Turquoise Morning Press, Decadent Publishing and The Wild Rose Press. Come join me for this fantastic journey!
If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!